Do we still need to add the disclaimer, Spoiler Alert? Just in case, I’ll say it: Spoiler Alert. In addition, I’m going to add a Trigger Warning
I’ll get right to the point. This movie sucked. Here is a list of reasons why, in no particular order.
- Leia going Mary Poppins through space
- The bad guys aren’t scary (Nobody is afraid of Hux)
- 2 hour chase scene
- Luke drinking space cow milk
- Luke being a grumpy old hermit who refuses to train Rey
- Rey having skills but receiving no training
- Admiral Holdo – everything about ther
- Poe Dameron’s demotion
- Finn and Rose’s side trip to Canto Bight
- Snoke getting cut in half – he can read Kylo’s mind but can’t foresee that Kylo is about to kill him
- Kylo unable to decide if he’s a bad guy or not – Darth Vader was never unsure about being a bad guy
- Luke’s death (where did his robot hand go?)
I’m sure I missed a few things, as the plot holes are big enough to drive a truck through. There are many YouTube videos about all the things that are wrong with TLJ. Here’s a good one buy a guy named Phil.